Be careful never to turn on the microwave when it is empty. Without food or air-absorbing liquid, the working components inside the unit – including the magnetron, the main element that makes the device work – will absorb radiation. This will seriously damage the unit and may cause a fire or explosion.
What happens if your microwave overheats?
If the microwave overheats and shuts itself off, it is caused by the high voltage inside the unit that overheats, leading to the activation of the thermal switch as a safe feature to prevent further overheating. To see also : How do you peel a coconut?.
Can a microwave oven explode? Yes, microwave ovens can explode. If microwave ovens have faulty wiring or are used incorrectly, they can emit smoke, catch fire or explode. The oven can also catch fire if you use unsuitable cooking materials, such as metal.
Can a microwave catch on fire by itself?
A conventional microwave oven uses heated electrons and electromagnetic waves to cook food, which by itself does not cause smoke or fire. This may interest you : How do you get the water out of a green coconut?. However, if an ingredient is overcooked, it can start to smoke and catch fire.
What to do if the inside of the microwave catches fire? If you have a fire in the microwave, turn off the oven immediately and unplug the power cord if it is safe. Do not open the microwave door, just wait for the fire to go out, never open the door until you are completely sure that the fire is extinguished. Dial Triple Zero (000) and request Fire.