Prevent Windows from scanning and repairing the drive. As you may know, you can disable the automatic disk check process in Automatic Repair. When Windows starts, you will have the option to bypass “Analyze and repair drive” by pressing any key.
How long can start up repair take?
2. Click Startup Repair. Windows will take a few seconds to a few minutes to attempt to fix the problem.
How long does Startup Repair typically take? Startup Repair in Windows 7 should take between 15 and 45 minutes. If it takes longer, something is wrong. Why is it so long? This could be due to two reasons: either it is stuck or your Windows just can’t fix the problem.
What do I do when startup repair takes so long?
- Method 1. Revert to recent Windows 7 update.
- Method 2. Disable automatic restart.
- Method 3. Run chkdsk on the boot volume.
- Method 4. Run bootrec to repair damaged or corrupted BCD settings.
- Method 5. Perform a System Restore.
- Method 6. Rebuild MBR without installation disk.
Why does Startup Repair never work?
As you see, Windows 10/11 Startup Repair not working issue can be caused by corrupted, invalid or deleted system files. Therefore, it is important that you create a system image backup so that you can restore the system to a normal state if something goes wrong.
Why can’t startup fix my computer? If you get a “Startup Repair could not repair your PC” error, it means that the Windows Recovery tool cannot fix the errors. It happens when there is a corrupted file or a bad sector in your storage device containing the operating system.
Does Windows Startup Repair work?
Startup Repair can fix most problems with Windows. However, if Startup Repair does not fix the problem, back up your personal data and reinstall the operating system.