How do I do a startup repair?
- Open the Settings application. …
- Go to Update and Security.
- Select the Recovery tab.
- In the Advanced Startup section, click Restart Now.
- After the computer restarts, go to Troubleshooting> Advanced Options> Startup Repair.
- After the startup repair process is complete, restart your computer.
What does the startup repair actually do? Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can resolve certain system issues that may prevent Windows from starting. The Startup Repair scans your computer for a problem and then tries to fix it so that your computer can start correctly. Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the Advanced Startup Options section.
What causes Windows Startup Repair?
The startup fix works if you don’t choose from the other options, one of which is a normal initial startup after a bad shutdown (the end user doesn’t always follow what’s on the screen, so you can see it’s “do or die”).
Why is the start-up repair taking place? Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This will allow you to fix certain system issues that may prevent Windows 7 from starting successfully. This utility is intended to correct only certain issues, such as missing or damaged system files used to load the operating system.